Custom Training Options
ELTS is your exclusive Color Vowel® Chart and Color Vowel® Approach training provider. Whether you teach English as a Second Language, provide pronunciation instruction/ speech services, or serve as a literacy tutor, our workshops will help you reach your learners more dynamically and more effectively. Below are three workshop options to help you get started.
- Rate*: $3000 (full-day workshop) / $1700 (half-day workshop; half-day option is available only in the Washington DC metro area); workshop rate includes workshop materials.
- Workshop content introduces participants to the Color Vowel Approach as a powerful innovation in teaching English as a Second Language.
- We customize our workshops to address the particular needs of your program, such as:
- First steps for ESOL newcomers and their families
- How aides and paraprofessionals can support ESOL students
- Expanding learners’ academic vocabulary and participation
- Strategies for delivering Content-Based Instruction (math, science, etc.)
- Promoting early childhood and family literacy
- Tutoring adult literacy
- Lead time: Schedule a training with ELTS at least 6 weeks in advance if travel is involved; 3 weeks if the training is located in the Washington DC metro area.
- *Training rates do not include travel or lodging costs. An ELTS trainer works with up to 25 participants. For larger groups, a second trainer is provided at the rate of an additional $300 per training session.
- To schedule on-site professional development, complete the form at the bottom of this page.
OPTION 2: Live Webinars for your faculty
- ELTS will deliver a customized online workshop or workshop series for your faculty. Let us know if you have specific dates in mind and/or a particular budget; we will work with you to develop a training plan that makes the best of your time and funding. To schedule a webinar, complete the form at the bottom of this page.
OPTION 3: Attend an ELTS workshop.
ELTS offers workshops in the Washington DC area. View a list of currently scheduled workshops on our Workshops page.
To schedule a workshop or live webinar, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Let us know which option interests you and any dates you might have in mind. We will respond to your inquiry promptly.
Our professional development clients include:
- Christina School District (K-12) (DE)
- District of Columbia Public Schools (K-12) (DC)
- E.L. Haynes Public Charter School (K-12) (DC)
- El Instituto Culturál Peruano Norteamericano (K-Adult) (Huancayo, Peru)
- Intercambio Uniting Communities (CO)
- Kaplan International (DC)
- LADO International Institute (DC)
- La Mariposa Montessori School (NM)
- Literacy Volunteers of Santa Fe (NM)
- Montgomery Coalition for Adult English Literacy (MD)
- Montgomery College ESL Program (MD)
- Montgomery College Refugee Training Center (MD)
- Pueblo City Schools (CO)
- Rockville Senior Center (MD)
- Santa Fe Community College (NM)
- Tokyo International University of America (OR)
- The University of Akron (OH)
- University of Delaware English Language Institute (DE)
- U.S. Department of State, Office of English Language Programs (DC)
- Washington English Center (DC)