ELTS is your exclusive Color Vowel® Chart and Color Vowel® Approach training provider. Whether you teach English as a Second Language, provide pronunciation instruction/ speech services, or serve as a literacy tutor, our workshops will help you reach your learners more dynamically and more effectively. Below are three workshop options to help you get started.
- Rate*: $3000 (full-day workshop) / $1700 (half-day workshop; half-day option is available only in the Washington DC metro area); workshop rate includes workshop materials.
- Workshop content is customized to address the specific needs of your program. Special topics include ESOL Newcomers, Content-Based ESOL, Adult Literacy, Early Childhood Literacy, Academic Vocabulary, and Pronunciation.
- Lead time: Schedule a training with ELTS at least 6 weeks in advance if travel is involved; 3 weeks if the training is located in the Washington DC metro area.
- *Rate does not include travel or lodging costs. An ELTS trainer works with up to 25 participants; for larger groups, a second trainer is sent at the rate of an additional $300 per day of training.
OPTION 2: Organize a Local Workshop.
Your organization provides the venue and ELTS provides the workshop! Hosting a local workshop is ideal for small programs who are prepared to promote the workshop and recruit other teachers in their community.
- Rate: $200 per person (full-day workshop); includes workshop materials as well as the travel, lodging, and per diem costs for one ELTS trainer. (The rate may be adjusted if the training location is remote.)
- You, the host, attend the workshop free of change. The host works closely with ELTS to provide an appropriate venue and promote the workshop to other schools and teachers in the area.
- Enrollment must reach a minimum of 18 participants within 4 weeks of the event. Participants register and pay through the ELTS website. Enrollment is limited to 25 participants.
- Lead time: 10 weeks; if minimum enrollment is not reached 4 weeks prior to the event, ELTS may cancel the event and will provide full refunds for those who have enrolled.
OPTION 3: Attend an ELTS workshop.
ELTS offers workshops in the Washington DC area. View a list of currently scheduled workshops on our Workshops page.
To schedule a workshop in your area, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Let us know which option interests you and any dates you might have in mind. We will respond to your inquiry promptly.
Our professional development clients include:
- Christina School District (K-12) (DE)
- District of Columbia Public Schools (K-12) (DC)
- E.L. Haynes Public Charter School (K-12) (DC)
- Intercambio Uniting Communities (CO)
- Kaplan International, (DC)
- LADO International Institute (DC)
- La Mariposa Montessori School (NM)
- Literacy Volunteers of Santa Fe (NM)
- Montgomery Coalition for Adult English Literacy (MD)
- Montgomery College ESL Program (MD)
- Montgomery College Refugee Training Center (MD)
- Pueblo City Schools (CO)
- Rockville Senior Center (MD)
- Santa Fe Community College (NM)
- Tokyo International University of America (OR)
- University of Delaware English Language Institute (DE)
- U.S. Department of State, Office of English Language Programs (DC)
- Washington English Center (DC)