Custom Training Options
ELTS is your exclusive Color Vowel® Chart and Color Vowel® Approach training provider. Whether you teach English as a Second Language, provide pronunciation instruction/ speech services, or serve as a literacy tutor, our workshops will help you reach your learners more dynamically and more effectively. Below are three workshop options to help you get started.
- Rate*: $3000 (full-day workshop) / $1700 (half-day workshop; half-day option is available only in the Washington DC metro area); workshop rate includes workshop materials.
- Workshop content is customized to address the specific needs of your program. Special topics include ESOL Newcomers, Content-Based ESOL, Adult Literacy, Early Childhood Literacy, Academic Vocabulary, and Pronunciation.
- Lead time: Schedule a training with ELTS at least 6 weeks in advance if travel is involved; 3 weeks if the training is located in the Washington DC metro area.
- *Rate does not include travel or lodging costs. An ELTS trainer works with up to 25 participants. For larger groups, a second trainer is provided at the rate of an additional $300 per day of training.
OPTION 2: Video Interactive Online Professional Development
- Contact us to start planning a customized online workshop or workshop series for your faculty. Let us know if you have specific dates in mind and/or a particular budget. We will work with you to develop a training plan that makes the best of your time and funding.
OPTION 3: Attend an ELTS workshop.
ELTS offers workshops in the Washington DC area. View a list of currently scheduled workshops on our Workshops page.
To schedule a workshop in your area, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Let us know which option interests you and any dates you might have in mind. We will respond to your inquiry promptly.
Our professional development clients include:
- Christina School District (K-12) (DE)
- District of Columbia Public Schools (K-12) (DC)
- E.L. Haynes Public Charter School (K-12) (DC)
- Intercambio Uniting Communities (CO)
- Kaplan International, (DC)
- LADO International Institute (DC)
- La Mariposa Montessori School (NM)
- Literacy Volunteers of Santa Fe (NM)
- Montgomery Coalition for Adult English Literacy (MD)
- Montgomery College ESL Program (MD)
- Montgomery College Refugee Training Center (MD)
- Pueblo City Schools (CO)
- Rockville Senior Center (MD)
- Santa Fe Community College (NM)
- Tokyo International University of America (OR)
- The University of Akron (OH)
- University of Delaware English Language Institute (DE)
- U.S. Department of State, Office of English Language Programs (DC)
- Washington English Center (DC)